Visit the colleges that are most important to you, meet with admissions representatives and current students, and learn about academic programs, extracurricular activities, and campus culture. Get a feel for what it’s like to live and learn on each campus, and make informed decisions about your college future.
Custom family college tours are a wonderful opportunity for families to tour numerous college campuses together without having to worry about the logistics of arranging such a trip.
With nearly 30 years of experience in booking college tours, Education Unlimited has the experience and expertise to make your travel experience stress-free and exceptional. Families can choose from a wide variety of campuses, including private and public schools in both urban and rural areas. Families will be able to determine if a large or small school is appropriate for them. Tours can be arranged to fit any family schedule from a single day to two weeks. In addition to their college tours, families will have the option to explore the local charm of their university towns through fun excursions and experiences. In past, participants have hiked the liberty trail, dined in Harvard Square, explored Greenwich Village and the South Street Seaport, and witnessed the impressive monuments of DC while shopping in Georgetown.
Our Director of Admissions will work directly with families and groups to plan their perfect college trip. Families or groups can often comfortably see two universities a day spending about 3-hours per campus doing an organized campus tour and admissions office meeting or doing a longer visit including visiting classes.
Three simple steps will make the planning of your college tour a breeze:
Add-ons: For an additional fee, we can also arrange all travel including airfare, hotels, excursions, and car rental as needed.
Staff Support: An Education Unlimited representative will be available 24/7 via phone to support you during your trip. If desired, a staff member can also accompany you in-person during the tour for an additional fee.
Education Unlimited is dedicated to providing customized college tour schedules tailored to the specific needs and preferences of each family. To achieve this, families will work closely with the Director of Admissions, who will leverage her extensive knowledge and experience to design the perfect college tour itinerary. The Director will also consider logistical constraints to ensure that the schedule is feasible and efficient. By collaborating with Education Unlimited, families can create a personalized college tour experience that aligns with their unique requirements and goals.
Below is a sample of a fast-paced East Coast college tour itinerary visiting 10 universities from Boston to Washington DC in 5-days. Depending on how much time a family has and how many schools they wish to see, a more leisurely-paced tour can be arranged including some days off for site-seeing or family leisure time.
Sample East Coast College Tour Itinerary
|Day 1||Arrive in Boston|
|Day 3||Providence, Rhode Island, and New Haven, Connecticut|
|Day 4||New York City, New York|
|Day 5||Philadelphia, Pennsylvania|
|Day 6||Washington, DC|
* Planning: Initial consultation with the Director of Admissions – Free
* College Visits: College visits generally included guided college tours and admissions office meetings. Families can generally comfortably visit two universities per day.
* Pricing: $150/day for up to 3 participants – Additional $25/participant for 4-6 participants. For example, a five-day tour, visiting 10 universities for 3 participants would cost $750.
* Travel Logistics: Education Unlimited is experienced at finding great rates on hotels, airfare, and car rental. Families can make these arrangements on their own for no fee, or we can make these arrangements for them within their desired preferences and budget for a 10% fee. For example, if the hotel fee is $200, EU would charge a $20 fee to make the reservation.
* Travel support:
* 24/7 logistical support during travel is included at no additional charge.
* Families may also choose to have an Education Unlimited employee travel with them at an additional charge. Most families do not find this necessary given the detailed itineraries that are created for them.